Fire Escape Painting
The City of Chicago requires that “All metal structural members shall be adequately protected against corrosion and shall be scraped and painted at least once every three years” Section 13-160-640.
Escape painting is crucial for avoiding fines and maintaining the safety of yourself and your family. Rust weakens the structural integrity of fire escapes. We scrape internal and external rust and then we seal it. We know this is an important safety regulation to uphold, so we make sure to cover every detail and every aspect of prep and finish work.
- We will remove loose paint and rust and scrape smooth
- We then carefully prime all metal that was scraped with a rust-inhibiting primer taking extra care on the weaker points of the escape.
- Allow primer to dry.
- Re-pack cement on wall connecting joints (ex. anchors or handrails).
- We then hand paint the entire fire escape for the initial coat.
- Allow to dry.
- Paint the fire escape with gloss enamel or an exterior, oil based paint.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Final quality check.